Led by the Royal College of Radiologists
The full title of the project is
Quality improvement project: cancer staging using proforma reporting in Radiology.
A pilot of implementation of proforma reporting for cancers lung, gynaecological, colorectal, and prostate cancers
- Whether standardised proforma reporting for cancer staging in the MDT setting can be achieved in multiple centres
- To identify areas of difficulty in implementation and how they are overcome by the different centres.
- To compare minimum data staging before and after proforma adoption
- To evaluate the impact/usefulness of support workshops and proforma completion (are either or both necessary?)
- To receive feedback of the proformas from the MDT end users and adjustments from their use.
- To determine the appropriateness of detail in the proforma: clinical impacts/decision pathways
- To compare our experience with the Ontario Cancer Care initiative (led by Dr Erin Kennedy, Toronto LHIN) and comparison of the equivalent evaluation forms for the participating centres in Ontario.
This is a multidisciplinary project which, from inception, has been jointly developed by the National Cancer Intelligence Network (NCIN), and therefore involves members and Fellows of the Royal College of Physicians, Royal College of Surgeons, and Royal College of Pathologists. The project will also be in collaboration with Cancer Care Ontario.
Funding for the project was agreed at the July 2011 meeting of the Project Governance Committee.