Chaired by Dr Tony Falconer
The Academy hosts two meeting groups relating directly to revalidation.
The Academy Revalidation Development Group
The Academy Revalidation Group is concerned with all aspects of the development of processes and procedures related to the specialist revalidation of doctors. It provides a forum for the medical Royal Colleges and Faculties to:
- Identify and develop and a cohesive approach to revalidation, looking at specialties in particular
- Ensure that any approach is developed in collaboration with the medical Royal Colleges, Faculties and other key stakeholders
- Exchange information about the progress of work within the Colleges, Faculties and other stakeholders around revalidation
- Ensure that any processes developed in support of revalidation are robust and effective
- Ensure that any processes developed in support of revalidation are in line with the needs of doctors, patients and the public and deliverable at a local level
- Receive reports from and provide strategic input to various projects around revalidation
The Academy Revalidation Development Group has representation from:
- Each of the medical Royal Colleges and Faculties
- The Academy's Patient Lay Group
- General Medical Council
- British Association of Medical Managers
- National Clinical Assessment Service
- NHS Employers
- British Medical Association
The Academy Revalidation Steering Group
The Academy Revalidation Steering Group facilitates collaborative working on revalidation.
The Revalidation Steering Group comprises of:
- Revalidation Leads of the medical Royal Colleges and Faculties
- Revalidation Staff of the medical Royal Colleges and Faculties
The Academy is also represented at the UK Revalidation Programme Board, joint GMC and Academy meetings, the Pathfinder Pilots Strategic Stakeholder Oversight Group, the Pilot Board for Independent Evaluation, the Revalidation Support Team's (RST) Programme of Work Advisory Group, and other RST and Department of Health meetings.