Chaired by Dr Tony Falconer
The role of the Academy has been to facilitate the work of the Colleges and Faculties and to encourage them to share their experience, skills and knowledge around the development of methods for revalidation.
We have done this in a number of ways:
- Collating and sharing College and Faculty revalidation progress updates
- Encouraging any specialty revalidation funding applications to be in collaboration with at least one other specialty. If a specialty application is submitted that is not collaborative, a strong case must be made as to why it is not. The Revalidation Project Governance Committee also receives quarterly progress updates on all projects that they have agreed to fund
- Asking Colleges and Faculties to share best practice around development activities and projects at relevant meetings such the Directors of CPD or the Revalidation Steering Group
- Establishing working groups for topics that are of wide concern across the specialties and contain a range of representatives from Colleges and other stakeholders
- Hosting two regular revalidation meeting groups, as well as the Revalidation Project Governance Committee
- Ensuring specialty input into the NHS Pathfinder Pilots via Academy Leads
- Working closely with other external organisations to share expertise more widely.